Unloading one man's crap onto the entire world...

Thursday, March 23, 2006

The PURPOSE of this blog

- Trashed by SampahMan @ 12:35 AM

This coming April will be the 1st year anniversary of this blog. When I first started, I envisioned this blog to be satirical, making fun of everything under the sun, hence, the name Sampah Nonsense. As time passed, and posts grew, the blog doesn't really have a specific format now, with postings about the stupid things politicians say or do, current events, and even about my fish.

There was never any intention of making this blog about me (because I am such a private person :P), but 11 months on, I realized that all 40+ posts has more or less been about me. It has been about my experiences, my hobbies, my opinions, and much as I like to deny it, my prejudices as well.

The past year has seen more misses than hits, in terms of the quality of my posts. Of course, I intend to improve on that quality. My personal interpretation of a good quality post is when someone reads it, and is then compelled to leave a thoughtful comment and share their personal opinions with me. I will not be posting that often because it takes me 2 hours on average to get one post up, due to writing and editing(for grammar and the unfortunate reality of self-censorship due to this thing called the ISA), but I hope to spend that 2 hours producing something that will get you thinking about my message.

To the 3 readers who really took time to regularly respond to my posts with thoughtful comments (you know who you are), I sincerely thank you for making my blogging experience better. I have enjoyed reading your thoughts and agreements/disagreements and I hope that you will continue to share them with me.
To those of you that have read this blog countless times, but NEVER left a post (you know who you are as well), well, thanks for reading, hope I can write something that is more your flavor next time, so do check back once in a while.

In the end, what is the PURPOSE of this blog? It's you, the reader. Without your views, blogging would mean nothing to me.

So let me start of by asking you in a very informal survery, which sorts of posts would you like to continue reading/rather not read anymore?
Advertising Satire
Personal Life Changes
Stupid Things Politicians Do/Say
Personal Experiences

Just let me know :)

Comments
Hey kenny,

I can always start my morning off with an amusing entry from your blog... However, I wish u would write more---F the editing!

The great thing about your blog is that you write about a little bit of everything. Keep it up, but try to at least write every other day, pleeeease.
posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 6:05 AM   
i think you got the initial idea right. sorta... sampah nonsense. write what you think you wanna share. not so much what people wanna read. i suppose what you don't have that people want are pictures. everyone loooooves pics. put them up!
posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 11:16 AM   
i wanna read more interesting things, i.e. the national geography magazine incident, stuffed toys wearing mask etc.

anyways, happy anniversary, haha!
posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 10:58 PM   
Happy Blogging Anniversary.

Write anything and everything that comes to ur mind la..though I'd love to read more on ur opinions of stuff. Topic wise, I'm not picky.

Hav a blast.

ngy
posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 9:12 AM   
april april april

APRIL very special month. *hint hint*
posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 11:06 PM   
hahaha...
I am proud to be one who reads without comment hehe... well, not much time to catch up with you guys leh, not even read blog oredi. =P So what did I miss other than you guys shifting to KL? No wonder your car always around. Thought you too lazy go work ah. ;)
posted by Blogger CodeOfMine : 1:56 PM   
Keep your fat ass here. Otherwise rrm and musclar will bring you up to the bb mountain.
posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 1:01 PM   

Post a Comment

<< Home