Unloading one man's crap onto the entire world...

Monday, April 24, 2006

Off to Sydney with some bad omens

- Trashed by SampahMan @ 12:40 AM

Will be off to Sydney for a week-long holiday and to attend my sister's upcoming graduation from the University of Sydney. She studied to become a IT professional. (If I knew what I knew now, she would have made a better choice, marine biologist *wink wink*)

So anyway, I will have to be up at 4.30am to drive my ass (and my parents') from Ipoh to USJ, then take a cab to the airport. Hope the 2 hour drive is uneventful, because the past day has been a day of bad omens.

Case 1:
I'm happily doing the dishes after breakfast, then my old fart of a dog (10+ human years old), Lucky, could be heard whining from the kennel. I was hoping that it wasn't one of those epileptic fits that she is prone to having, because her dying the day before leaving for the trip is just not the right thing to do. Thank god she didn't die. Instead, 3 of her feet were trapped between the drain covers, and she couldn't get out of it due to lack of strength in the joints (just like old humans with joint problems). So this wasn't the first time I'm getting her out of a fix.

~~~~~~DREAM SEQUENCE COMMENCING~~~~~~
Sampahman is 16! He plays tennis regularly and cycles everywhere, so he's not 15 pounds overweight the way he is now!
Lucky, the wee lass is going to suffer a reality check. She sticks her head through the neighbor's gate to attack her nemesis, a dog 4 times her size. She gets chomped in the neck, and starts that all so familiar whining. Neighbor's maid managed to beat off her own dog, and I am left clutching Lucky's blood soaked neck, and hauling ass all the way to the vet to get her fixed.
~~~~~~DREAM SEQUENCE ENDS~~~~~~

So anyway, back to Case 1. 3 legs stuck in drain cover. Non-stop whining. The other 2 dogs, Mac and Macho are getting restless. So the hero (me) goes over and tries to save the day. The task is proving pretty difficult, cuz the legs are really stuck. And my intervention seemed to make the whining worse. And I have the big motherfucker called Mac barking in my face as I kneeled down to extricate the old dog. And it's not the type of bark where the dog is like "Hey, this is so exciting. I love you. Bark bark." *Wag wag*. This was the type of bark reserved for door-to-door salesmen and burglars like "Stop what you're doing to my friend or I will bite your fucking face". *Wag wag*. I guess I was now being cast as a villain, as if I am causing all that whining. So I'm trying to remove one dog's legs from the drain covers, while I put my shifty eyes to good use by monitoring the other dog's dilemma of whether he should bite the human who is supposedly harming his friend, Lucky. Thank god my friend called Dad arrived and chased the other dogs away while leaving me in peace to finish the job.
So dog saved, no more whining, no more barking, no pat on the back, no lick on the hand. Just 3 dogs hanging around like nothing happened. Fuck. And to think I nearly got bitten by a Golden Retriever, the gentlest dog in the land.

Case 2:
Dinner time. Got a call from Mum. Dad drove the car into an oncoming motorcycle while turning into a junction. By the time I arrived, ambulance was already leaving the scene. I was told the biker was fine, but his pal sitting behind was not so lucky. Latest report from Hospital Ipoh: guy has a broken arm. So, Dad was pretty shaken up, but otherwise OK. He'll be turning 60 this year, and he's been a pretty exemplary driver, so let's hope he learns his lesson.

In view of all that has happened, I went to seek divine help. I'm usually not the praying kind, but faced with such untoward incidents, I lighted joss sticks to Buddha and the God of the Land (don't know how to write all the words in Chinese). Let's hope everything else goes smooth tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Comments
i like your writings. =)

Hope you had a great break over there.
posted by Blogger sharkgila : 11:30 AM   
everything will be fine.. have fun @ sydney
posted by Anonymous Anonymous : 1:49 PM   

Post a Comment

<< Home